High pressure in Vokera Compact boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The CH and DHW are both working perfectly but the Pressure is sitting at 3.5/4 bar and water periodically comes out of the overflow.

How do I get the pressure down to 1/1.5 where it should be? The most distressing thing is that water is now also dribbling out of the left most pipe into the boiler which appears to go into the pump...? Since everything is working at the moment and there is no warning light on the boiler then I'd like to fix the problem before something major occurs as a result of whatever it is that is causing the over pressure.

Any advice is very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
you should have a drain cock on a low point of your system, connect a hose to it and open it slowly (until gauge reads 1-1.5 bar). or open a bleed valve on a rad, this takes a while longer and you need some old towels/rags to catch the drips.

Thanks Mick,

that seems to have done the trick. The pressure has been stable for about an hour now at 1.5 Bar. What about the pressure relief valve, should it now be replaced since it has been open the last few days while the pressure was above 3 Bar?

Andy

andy,

if your team do the business on Sunday i will come through to your wonderful city and supply and fit a solid gold PRV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure you'll be sober enough to fit that next week pal, provided your team wins or we manage a point on Sunday. However, should we actually win on Sunday I'll be expecting a standard PRV and fitting!

Pressure rising again! I reduced the pressure and disconnected the filling loop to be sure that this was not dripping slowly into the CH system increasing the pressure. Even when this was disconnected, the pressure increased from 1 Bar to mains pressure over a period of about 3 days. It seems as though water is leaking from the DHW system into the CH system - is that possible and any ideas what could be the problem?

Ta,

Andy

now that you have a fair clue to how it all works.

could be that your expansion vessel needs re charged or replaced.

get your pressure back down to 1.5 bar

whack on central heating(i know its tropical the now)

make sure all rads are opened full (trvs on rads to max)

observe pressure gauge,

if it climbs up to anywhere near 3 bar this means expansion vessel needs recharged or replaced,

if you have installation manual it will tell you how to do this,if no manual download one from vokeras website.

ps thanx for the point against " them"

post back and let us know how ur getting on

pin holed heat exchanger are VERY common on these passing mains water into the heating side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back