fixing shower to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a plumber install a victorian style power shower, the same type as in the photo of the power shower in the 'Types of shower available' section of the 'Choosing a shower' How-to on this site. The hot and cold inlet pipes run into the wall, and the plumber has left me enough play between the shower fixing and the wall to tile the wall. I now what to tighten the shower fixing and pipe washers against the wall tiles, but don't know how to! Can anyone advise please? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi kevplumb

firstly, thanx for the post. secondly, i'm a plumbing novice so please forgive me that. i hope you are saying that i can tighten the main body of the shower to the tiles from the tile side, not the cavity side behind the tiles which I can't get to!!! Also, the inlet pipes have washers which are dangling off the pipes at the moment. Can I tighten them up somehow? if you can explain what i need to do in layman's terms i'd be grateful. cheers.

not kmowing the make or model i can give you general advice
the backplate is usually attached like a lightbulb ie push and twist
once the mixer is off you can see the fixing holes
the washers go between the mixer and the pipes :)

kevplumb

if it helps, the model is a Showerforce Victorian-T Thermostatic Mixer.

cheers for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back