Linear drainage channel - recommendations for finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Laying a linear drainage channel close to some patio doors - about 4m in length.

Tossing up between the relative merits of Hepworth, Flodrain, and Clarke. Probably all of a muchness. But ideally I want something that:
1) is domestic - no holes that are going to trap heels etc.
2) looks ok - do metal finished grates oxidize and just look industrial after 10 minutes? Would I just be better of giong for something plastic?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Sponsored Links
It is a cosmetic issue as the most it will be subjected to is pedestrian traffic, no?

So, all products will be suitable. Whether they will be aesthetically pleasing will be up to you. I personally would not be keen to have a drain grid outside a well used door opening but if it is unavoidable then so be it.

How come you don't have a step down? Why the drain grid anyhow?

Thanks for answering.

Indeed, you're right - my question was more cosmetic - and seeing if anyone else had any experience with a similar situation.

It is unavoidable - the side-effect of having an almost flush threshold on to the back patio - essentially the threshold for a 4m run of doors will be partially below floor level.

I'm just trying to source something that looks ok and won't look like a nasty oxidized grate after a few months.

Oh, yes, and I'm now trying to work out how the DPC should go ... presumably it needs to span the whole bottom frame - however, what happens when it gets to the threshold?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back