Drayton digistat receiver - no thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a flat that has a Drayton digistat SCR unit connected to the boiler. But I can't find the remote thermostat anywhere.
Is there a way to get the central heating to come on without the remote thermostat?
I tried pushing the Override button. The green "heating on" light lights up. But the heating doesn't fire up.
Also the red alarm light is on permanently.
Tried switching unit off and on. The same.
If I need the thermostat, can I buy any Drayton one? Do they all interwork with each other?

Sponsored Links
you should get heating by pushing the override button.

the red alarm light will stay on if not getting a signal from the room stat

I've just moved into a flat that has a Drayton digistat SCR unit connected to the boiler. But I can't find the remote thermostat anywhere.
If you rent the flat, get on to your landlord. It's his responsibility to keep the central heating working. Has he provided you with an up-to-date Safety Inspection Certificate?

If you purchased the flat, tell your solicitor. The seller may have taken it away for some reason.

If I need the thermostat, can I buy any Drayton one? Do they all interwork with each other?
There are two versions, earlier and later, which are not compatible. You will have to tell your supplier the model no of the SCR so you get the right version. Provided you get the correct version, all controls of that version will work with the SCR. You may have difficulty getting a control for the earlier version.

Sponsored Links
I rent. The landlady is sympathetic.

<Has he provided you with an up-to-date Safety Inspection Certificate? >

Actually, that's part of the problem! British Gas came to do the certificate and vandalised the place in the name of health and safety.

They disabled the gas fire. They removed a light switch in the kitchen on the grounds that it was a bit near the sink. So now you can't turn the lights on in the kitchen. And they seem to have switched the leads on the washing machine so it filled with hot water and ruined our clothes.

Is suspect they did something that left the heating disabled.

the gas fire would've been disabled because it's unsafe in some way, why would you want a dangerous fire? the reasoning should be on the landlords certificate.

are you accusing the gas man of stealing your room stat? :confused:

is there a h/w and c/h switch on the front of the boiler, often people turn off the ch in the summer. if servicing or safety checking a boiler i always leave the controls as found as as the customer asks, so if the ch was turned off when they turned up after testing they'd have left it the same.

why would bg switch washing machine hoses? they don't even have to check them!

did you have bg electrical to do the light switch as one of the gas engineers wouldn't touch it. are you sure none of this was done by previous people rather than accusing an engineer of things they would have no reason to even go near?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back