New plug top design

Sponsored Links
Nice idea, will prove to be rather expensive to manufacture I would have thought. Its integrity & efficacy are the areas that spring to mind first. Probable for high end equipment such as the laptop etal. but as for day to day i doubt it

Interesting.

Not sure if it will get past British Standards or CE though, remains to be seen.

Notice in the video it shows blue for Live and brown for Neutral? Hmmmm....

Edit:

If L & N pins can swivel around, can they only swivel the correct way to maintain correct polarity? Also, how much load can the the contact that allows said plugs to swivel take , not 13A surely! So even if it did get BS approval, it would only be able to be an annex of the existing BS1363.

Never going to happen.

It cannot possibly meet the standard, as the 'back cover' folds as well, meaning it could be plugged in and energised without the back cover being in place.

Sponsored Links
Not certain that I saw this, but was the end of the fuse touchable from the back of the plug.

I still think it's pretty cool. I'd definitely use it for all my music equipment. That is, if it actually works.

CA1F3.JPG
Matches.jpg

the fuse sits in the red fuse holer in the "handle"..

not it's not touchable..

the folding back can be a problem though.. not sure how they'll get round that....

at the bottom of antwon's link is a link to "desktop version" which will take you to the video version of the web page which has more detail.

The basis of the idea of sound though, my laptop bag always worries me when there is a IEC lead with UK plug in it.

Damn things are a pain when it comes to putting them in latop bags so some sort of foldable plug would be great.

Maybe in need of a few tweaks to get it to comply & be safe etc but still a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back