Heating System with Anti-Freeze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
Could someone please help?
I have a comb boiler installed in my Caravan Mobile Home and the Thermo Valve is leaking I understand that you have to drain down the system to replace this.
My Problem is that the system installed is pressurized and it contains Anti-Freeze for over the winter periods this allows me to drain down all the other water systems in the Caravan without touching the heating system. My concerns are how I go about replaceing the anti-freeze once I have fixed the leaking valve.
Is there some sort of kit I can purchase which allows me to get new Anti-Freeze back into the system and where would you pump this into? I expect it would be through one of the Rads?
Regards

Larry

Sponsored Links
That`s the Mk. 1 version. ;) My one is bucket, funnel, Hep2 O 15mm elbow+ 1/2 inch male iron adapter (hep) short stub of 15 copper with hose pushed over. then the funnel. remove screwed vent/ plug @ top of rad .-Screw in filler. (Hep fitting allows iron 1/2 inch fitting to rotate) set it up with funnel. Pour in mixture. Works well with the back tapped rads that are everywhere now. :idea:

Hi Lads

Thank you for your information i will try both of these and see how i get on. Once again thank you for your time.

Regards

Larry

Sponsored Links
Hi
Gaspro

Thank you for the information any idea how much i would need to purchase I dont think i have lost a lot from the system as the valve was only dripping and we turned of the supply to this rad.

Regards

Larry

usually fernox smb11 is used on caravans around 30£ though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back