Ravenheat LS100

AMK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just refitted my Ravenheat LS100 combi after removing it so I could replaster the room. Now when it fires up, unless it's on very low heat. The burner lights, recycles twice then the overheat stat trips. I've noticed the ignition is sparking continuously throughout this time. Anybody got any suggestions before I call out an engineer. PS The boiler is just over 15 months old and was working fine before this.

Sponsored Links
Scrap it, they're s*** anyway, you'll be a lucky person if you can find an engineer willing to work on one...

Thanks, but I was looking for something a little more constructive.

cowboyplumber said:
Scrap it, they're ****e anyway, you'll be a lucky person if you can find an engineer willing to work on one...

could try asking at the orange DIY shed where it came from!

Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest you move house to avoid your boiler, but of course you'd be unable to sell the place with THAT in it.

Get a Corgi regd engineer to look at it.

Thanks for all the 'helpful' advice. A quick call to Ravenheat solved it. The corgi registered cowboy who originally fitted it, had reversed the polarity on the connection to the 13A socket to get it working. Now that I've put it on a fused spur, it needed swapping back. Apparently the flame sensor doesn't like reversed polarity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back