Copper push fit connectors with an electric shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been reading up on installing an electric shower, but can't find a definitive answer on the use of push-fit connections.

I know that it is recommended to use a brass compression fitting when connecting to the shower, but would it be ok if the rest of the pipe work was copper push-fit connectors and copper pipe, or would the mains pressure be too much for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
John

Sponsored Links
You can use plastic if it`s hidden.

Although I wouldn't make any pushfit joints (copper or plastic) inaccessible if I were you. In fact, if the pipework is hidden, you may as well use plastic pipe anyway since you'll stand a better chance of running it to somewhere more accessible to put subsequent joints on.

You can use plastic if it`s hidden.

Although I wouldn't make any pushfit joints (copper or plastic) inaccessible if I were you. In fact, if the pipework is hidden, you may as well use plastic pipe anyway since you'll stand a better chance of running it to somewhere more accessible to put subsequent joints on.

Many thanks for your replies, all the advice is really appreciated.

I'm running the pipe work through the loft and as I've already tiled the bathroom (long story), I'm not going to be putting any pipes in the walls, so all the joints would be accessible one way or another.

I just need a bit of reassurance that the push-fit connections (plastic or copper) are up to the job.

Many thanks once again.

Sponsored Links
The connections are well up to the job, wether you can fit them with confidence is a matter for you.

No offence intended mate, nite, off to Land of Nod, Good luck.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As the pipes are to be surface mounted, use chrome pipes up the wall with compression fittings in the electrc shower and at any joints involving the chrome (an isolator valve within the bathroom itself will be useful for servicing the shower). Once you are back onto copper or plastic in the loft , then use ordinary pushfit (plastic fittings will be fine since they will not be on display, plus considerably cheaper!!) from then on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back