Torbp Max plus 824e boiler ignites when cold tap swiched off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Turbomax Plus 824e Combi Boiler.
When I switch off a cold water tap or the toilet is flushed my boiler ignites and heats for approx 10 seconds. How can I stop this without calling in the Expensive Vaillant man

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be a dead leg somewhere in your pipe work fooling your boiler into thinking there is a hot water demand. Have you had any recent plumbing work done? Dead leg occurs when Numpty plumber chops off pipe but leaves a leg going nowhere feeding nothing.

Has it always done this, or just started doing it? If the latter, have you had any other plumbing work done recently?

Gents,
I have and still have ongoing plumbing work in the bathroom.
New Toilet and wash basin. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if you have ongoing pipework this could be the prob. trapped air in the capped off supplies

Gents,
Thank you for your help. I have passed the info to my Plumber. He still went away scratching his head. (not a good sign).

Thanks anyway

Rob :confused:

Gents,
My problem resolved itself as soon as all the piping was connected and water ran through the pipes. The plumber still cannot understand how any of this happened? Needless to say, I will not be using him again.

R

Unfair because he is not a heating engineer and unlikely to understand how his plumbing will affect your boiler. Most plumbers don`t know about heating systems that`s why they are called plumbers. Most heating engineers haven`t a clue about your drainage system, they can still fix your boiler, to be honest most heating engineers couldn`t install a boiler, fix your drains or indeed have a clue about anything but that`s beside the point. They can still test the continuity at your PCB. That`s gotta count for somethin` Don`t It.....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back