worchester bosch greenstar 42cdi combi problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had the above boiler fitted just over a year ago,been working ok , since last week the boiler re-set button has flashed 3 times on different days,I have pressed the re-set button and it works ok.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening before calling an engineer .
Also when the boiler powers up it now makes laud bang which it has not done before. Pity this did not happen whilst it was still under warranty last month.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like xplosive ignition. Could be faulty gas valve, burner pressure or fault with ignition. Will need Gas safe engineer to it.

explosive ignition is a worry. If it has been serviced within a year of installation then it is still under guaruntee. Give WB a ring.

explosive ignition is a worry. If it has been serviced within a year of installation then it is still under guaruntee. Give WB a ring.

Thank you for your advise the boiler was fitted 21.6.2008 .So the warranty finished 21.6.2009 and it is due for its first service now.
WB cannot be that sure of their boiler reliability giving just one years warranty. The commissioning engineer who fitted it is not WB trained.
If I call the engineer for service he may find the fault then. I am little frightened of the boiler now .I am gutted it has developed a fault just after the warranty ended ,such an expensive boiler.

Sponsored Links
have you actually spoken to WB? Some companies will often honour warranties a few weeks after they finish as goodwill, would be interested to hear what they say and what if anything they offer? maybe a discounted repair?

As Mickyg has said, speak to Worcester.

WB CDI series comes with a two year garantee.

I could be wrong, but, everything comes with two years reguardless.

Sits back waiting for flac emoticon.

:LOL:

have you actually spoken to WB? Some companies will often honour warranties a few weeks after they finish as goodwill, would be interested to hear what they say and what if anything they offer? maybe a discounted repair?

I have not spoken to WB ,I will give them a ring first thing in the morning.Their service engineer is likely to be much more expensive than the one who fitted the boiler.
My bed is above the boiler ,I hope I am alive in the morning and not blown up by the boiler!

All Worcester Bosch boilers come with a two year guaruntee. Except for those fitted by engineers who fit fifty per year. They come with a five year guaruntee. All you have to do is ensure that yors is serviced every year.

Call WB on thursday, and they will send somebody on friday who will fix the problem free and for nothing.

Thank you for all your support ,I called WB this morning and they will send engineer on monday to fix the boiler.YOu were correct !!
My heating engineer is doing something more profitable as he cannot be botherd to come to service the boiler.
I will have to try to find someone else today,what I dont understand is why he cannot bothered to ring me to say so .I would not treat customers like that ,bad reputation travels fast.
The boiler is guaranteed for 2 years from installation as long as it has been serviced ,mine is waiting to be serviced but they will fix it anyway as I am waiting for service engineer.
The WB tech.help also think it is explosive compustion,something to do with gasvalve .
Happy days.and big thanks.

Would the simple thing not be, just ask the worcester guy to service it while he is there after all he will already have it apart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back