Hearing next door's water hammer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have noticed over the 5 years we have lived here that we sometimes hear water hammer in the pipes when we are not drawing water. This can happen several times in a short space of time, as if we are hearing next door doing the washing up or kitchen work. This is a long time after any of our tanks might have finished refilling.

Is it common in your experience for this to happen?

The houses are detached and our stopcocks are about 30 feet apart.

Sponsored Links
i would check that one of your toilets is not slowing leaking into the pan and it is you own toilet causing this water hammer.

Best way to check is turn off the supply to your toilets and check cistern level about an hour later. Any drop and that is likely to be the prob.

HI

did lots of these.most likely (if fitted) brass float valve in the loft .cold feed tank .

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I really need to get my neighbour to turn her kitchen tap on and off a few times to see if that does it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back