washable paint protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I'm a childminder who has recently painted my play room and am looking for something to paint on top of the newly painted walls which will protect them from marks, crayons and sticky fingers, Please help

Sponsored Links
Probably best with a softsheen or silk finish emulsion. These will stand wiping with detergent cloths on sticky finger marks etc. Most of the manafacturers make them.

Thanx for that but unfortunately I've already painted the room I was looking for something I could paint over the top of the paint to protect it.

Sponsored Links
I mentioned varnish to someone else but was told they didn't think it was any good as its for walls and the walls don't expand and contract the same as wood then after a period of time the varnish would crack. But I'm not an expert so if you know off a varnish suitable for the job then all help will be gratfully received.
Many many thanks

Go to a trade centre and ask for waterbased protective glaze..

And whoever told you about the varnish was talking out of their...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back