Flat roof: standing water on high performance felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've just had a new flat felt roof installed as our previous roof was nearing the end of is lifespan and had some ponding. The roofers have used Scutumplast.FCTR.180 mineral felt. They provide a 20 year guarantee.

Today is our first rainy day and it looks like the standing water issue has gotten worse. Before the installation we'd asked about the standing water and this is what the roofers said:
"Dan did mention to me about the standing water at the gutters edge, and has suggested building the area up at this point with additional felt, but we cannot guarantee it’s success as this often only moves the ponding to an other location. Standing water on a modern high performance is not a problem though, for information only I have attached a letter from the felt suppliers confirming this."

Said suppliers do ascertain that ponding water is not issue.

So should I be concerned or should I trust the roofer in this case?

Thanks.[/url]

Sponsored Links
Said suppliers do ascertain that ponding water is not issue.

as long as its not excessive amounts of lying water it will be fine, its normal to get 4/5 mm around the verge details due to the configuration of the gutter drip.

rest easy. ;)

Trust the roofer .. It`s all BBA certified quality product from Italy. Had a job googling it under scrotumplast :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back