Decent adhievsive for DOT & DAB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Do Wickes sell and decent PB adhiesive or will I have to wait till Monday til the builders merchants opens?

The reason I ask is I bought a bag of adhiesive from one merchants once and it was rubbish! It was like using porriage to stick the boards up.

What make should I be getting? Is it sold at good old Wickes?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's supposed to be a bit like porridge actually. Though without the lumps of course. And a lumpy mix probably indicates a poor mixing technique.
If Wickes sell it, you can bet it almost certainly will do the job.
I've been using some Lafarge stuff recently - great stuff. Amazing properties!

I've used the wickes one and didn't have any trouble with it.

Pros on here may be able to offer a comparison vs British Gypsum etc.

When I did my course (going back to Aug 08 ), I was told that the Knauf one was preferred, as the recent batches of the BG one were smelling of cat pee! :eek:

Not sure if there was any truth in this rumour ???

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's the one I used.

It's strange, because Wickes offer Multi-finish, Bonding etc by BG, but not the p/board adhesive. They only stocked their own brand.

Maybe my local one only has limited lines.

BQ (warehouses anyway) sell plasterboard adhesive too. Wickes one works fine - never had a problem with it.

The Wickes stuff is by far the best I've ever used. I use it for general filling and scrim taping too. Great stuff.

It lasts for months.

I agree. Had a bag open since March. Use some, then wrap over top straight away after. Bin liner over the top for good measure.
Used a bit the other day and still going well.

Though don't think I would try the same with Multi-finish! ;)

lafarge bonding compound is the best .dont mix it 2 runny.mabye thats where u went wrong

Have a look at the posting dates scud... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back