Bosch Logixx Dishwasher - Bottom arm not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch logixx dishwasher (SGS66A02GB/13 - FD8203). Works fine except the bottom arm does not turn at all - bottom load not washed. I have done the usual check for debris in inlets and spray arm itself - both clear.

I saw another post that mentioned a solenoid that switches bewteen wash arms. Could this be the issue (and if so where and how difficult is it to relace) or any other bright ideas? Desperate!

P.S I recently repaced the main board - in case it is important!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Apparently there's a diverter valve that switches the flow between the top and bottom arms. It's quite expensive, I believe, and incredibly difficult to get at. If the machine is more than 3 or 4 years old it's probably worth thinking about a replacement: even if you can repair it, something else is likely to pack up quite soon.

rocks1 is the best person to advise on this if he can be tempted out of his cave...

Thanks for response Cmother1. I will wait to see if Rocks1 can be tempted to respond to the post......

Cheers

Heater assembly has an alternator valve in it - this switches the water between the top and bottom rotors. It will have mechanically jammed or electrically failed. not a easy job, part is about 90.00 from bosch ,total strip down of dishwasher and i mean total door off wireloom off tub out the lot .i would save the money towards a new dishwasher .plus if you do it, it will need taking apart again cos of a water leak not good at sealing once they been apart . :)

Sponsored Links
Rocks1 - cheers for the respone. Whilst it is not quite the post I was hoping for :( it will surely save me money and a lot of grief in the long run.

Seems like the old machine is dead.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back