Stumped - water draining from loo trap

R

roberta1000

My mum-in-law's toilet (bungalow) loses the water from it's (P)trap and I can't find the reason. It takes about 15 minutes to empty but it does it every time. The sewer is clear and it still empties even if the rodding points and inspection covers are left off. She lives in a terraced row and noone else seems to have a problem. No water evident around the toilet itself. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Has she got a thirsty dog? :LOL: only joking. Only explanation would be the pan has a hairline crack below the waterline and is seeping away directly under the pan..............

Sponsored Links
could be a blown fuse? :rolleyes:

No, I checked that and since I did the rewire it was protected by an RCBO which hadn't tripped. ;)

However in desperation I changed the pan and the problem has gone away so although it looked OK there must have been a hairline crack somewhere through the bend. Anyway, problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back