laminate floor in porch joining to living room floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i want to continue the laminate floor that is in the living room into the porch. at the moment the floor in the living room stops at the threshold strip but i want to continue it into the porch.

whats the best way of joining the 2 sections together?? it is the same floor so no problems in matching it up.

got some pics if it makes it any clearer....

P8240728.jpg

P8240729.jpg

P8240730.jpg

many thanks

george

Sponsored Links
take up the metal plate and put down a laminate to laminate threshold strip.

what about the join? i have seen threshold strips at b&q. would this be ok to use and not look like a **** job??

cheers

A threshold strip! as above will be fine.

But good luck getting the old metal plate up. That plate will be fixed under the laminate flooring. If you paid someone to install the other flooring i would get the lazy git to come and remove the plate for you.

Unless you fitted yourself. :oops:

Sponsored Links
yeah it might be a bit of an ar5e job to get it up(ooer missus)try using a flat crowbar and cut the fixings that are holding it down.

luckily the nails are on the porch side so should be ok to get up i hope. and yeah i fitted it myslef!!!

will just get a threshold strip from b&q then. was just not sure if there was a more 'professional' way of doing it!!!

thanks for the advice people!!

cheers

george

the" more proffesional way" is fraught with problems ;)
assuming its click type laminate thats not glued you simply unclip the rows back into the room untill you reach the dooor frame then treat as new install but extended into the porch
now expect 1 or 2 in every 10 relayed planks to be of no use as whole planks[dammaged]

in my humble oppinion i would not have laminate in a porch as thats where all the wetand dirty stuff is left to save the flooring in the house

I would fit the whole of the porch with a coir type carpet that you can wipe your feet on. That will save your laminate and be easier to keep the porch clean. Just the opinion of a woman who knows. :rolleyes:

cheers everyone. after a chat with the boss i think we are just going to go for some type of hard wearing, durable carpet!!

cheers :D

How about putting ceramic tiles down on the floor in the porch? At least during the wet weather, it won't get wet and soggy like the carpet.

cheers everyone. after a chat with the boss i think we are just going to go for some type of hard wearing, durable carpet!!

How about putting ceramic tiles down on the floor in the porch? At least during the wet weather, it won't get wet and soggy like the carpet.

thats a really good idea.never thought of that!!

cheers!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back