worcester bosch 240 combi, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced the diverter valve and everything has been fine until now. When I turn on hot tap the demand light comes on, the boiler fires up, but the water temp after 10 mins of running does not get above lukewarm.
Occasionally the demand light and boiler do not come on with tap running.

Help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How long ago did you replace the diverter?

Tony

Just done another tap run the water is still lukewarm, full flame in the window, but it seems that the flow rate is faster. Now to me if the rate is faster then the water is not going through the system slow enough to heat it fully, is there such a thing as a flow rate inhibitor, or does the diverter valve sort all that out?

check the flow rate. if you dont have a flow cup and dont want to shell out for one get a measuring jug, run tap and see how many litres the tap provides in a minute, not 100% accurate but better than nothing. some gianonni valves have a flow rate adjustment on the front of the diaphragm housing, small black plastic screw. its only a quarter turn from fully open to fully closed and they often leak if they havent been used for a while, your should be ok if its new.

also, "full flame in the window" is not a good measurement of actual burner pressure or gas rate.

I removed the "new" diverter valve but saw that a pin was bent inside, so have replaced it again.
HOWEVER
Now water pressure at taps is almost non-existent, pilot light keeps going out both on central heating and water, if it does stay on and fire up it goes out after a short while, there is no demand light for water, water heats up very very hot when and if central heating stays on

I removed the "new" diverter valve but saw that a pin was bent inside, so have replaced it again.
HOWEVER
Now water pressure at taps is almost non-existent, pilot light keeps going out both on central heating and water, if it does stay on and fire up it goes out after a short while, there is no demand light for water, water heats up very very hot when and if central heating stays on

This has got to be telling you something now then surely :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back