Tiling a fireplace to house a wood burning stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hopefully someone can provide some useful advice.
I am planning on tiling the inside of my fireplace but want to know if i need to look out for anything specific in terms of fireproof or heat proof tiles for this job.
The fireplace is going to house a small woodburning stove.
Look forward to reading your replies.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No. Tiles and powdered tile adhesive can easily withstand the temperatures involved. I would strongly recommend porcelain tiles as they are far harder wearing that regular ceramic.

Sponsored Links
As stated, flexible cement powdered adhesive should be fine.

Don’t know what sort of finish your proposing for the fire surround but be aware that conventional plaster is only good up to a temperature of around 50 degrees C; it will “blow” if subjected to high temperatures.

As stated, flexible cement powdered adhesive should be fine.

Don’t know what sort of finish your proposing for the fire surround but be aware that conventional plaster is only good up to a temperature of around 50 degrees C; it will “blow” if subjected to high temperatures.
RC - Are you in the UK or just visiting from abroad?

RC - Are you in the UK or just visiting from abroad?
Back in the UK now although I’m already beginning to wonder why :cry: ! Only made 1 post while away as the dial up internet speed was so slow & frustrating there was a risk of me throwing the PC off the balcony into the pool :evil: ; for the sake of my blood pressure I just lazed around by the pool instead! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back