Ideal Isar He24 - PCB Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

We have the above boiler type (now learnt they are pants!) however about a month ago it developed a leak.... A british gas (friend) had a quick look and decided to steer well clear!!!

We then got another friend in to sort it, he took it apart for a look then the PCB blow? so now a valve and PCB.

Changed and then the PCB again blow...or not working...

Now a month on still not working, guess what looks like another £160 for another PCB and still don't no if it would fix it.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks

P.s Friend is a fully qu gas fitter....Plumber

Sponsored Links
Get a fixed price repair from Ideal, noone else is happy with them - although some others will fix them

As you now know (and me too, as I went thru what you are experiencing) they are prone to pcb failure. My three boards all "went" just after warranty. If you can't shell out for a new boiler, then get Ideal to come and do it -IIRC it was £130 for a call and pcb, though dont quote me on that.

IIRC again, water would leak down onto the pcb, causing it do blow. I also needed new fan and several other bits, which is when I cut my losses and got a new boiler installed......see my other posts, if you can stomach the tales of woe!

Ideal charge about £210 for a one off fix including all parts, or £299 for a one off fix then a warranty for 12 months.

I would always advise the second option if you can afford it.

Sponsored Links
get a service contract and get a job with plenty of holidays :LOL:

if you got the leak fixed you wouldnt have had so many pcb's

Was at the PHEX exhibition last week. Ideal guy went on and on about how good the new boiler is. Claimed to be an engineer but avoided answering some basic questions about the boiler. Secondary HE might be a pain to remove without taking out the gas valve. Then there is the question of O rings -- are these in a pocket and held in place when HWHE is refitted.

Heat exchanger looks the same, so expect leaks etc will be still the same. Mind you, they have given the design a bit of thought, pity they have retained the heat exchanger

ideal are lying cheating scum who will deny that their pcb's are ****. i have a letter from them doing just that!
out of the boilers we fitted made by these twots 90% have failed within 2 years 75% of those in the first 12 months!.

they also still think a one year warranty is acceptable (which under EU law it isn't) they missold the EVO range with a 3 year warranty then refused to honour it claim they only had a 1 year warranty unfortunately i didn't keep the old plumb center trade books to prove them wrong.

Was at the PHEX exhibition last week. Ideal guy went on and on about how good the new boiler is. Claimed to be an engineer but avoided answering some basic questions about the boiler. Secondary HE might be a pain to remove without taking out the gas valve. Then there is the question of O rings -- are these in a pocket and held in place when HWHE is refitted.

Heat exchanger looks the same, so expect leaks etc will be still the same. Mind you, they have given the design a bit of thought, pity they have retained the heat exchanger
Was probably a sales guy and not an engineer :rolleyes:
You would remove the gas valve to remove the plate but it is a 2 minute job!
The orings for plate are a bit like the minis rubber bushes about 10mm thick that sit in a pocket in the hydroblock the plate is then tightened onto the hydroblock compressing the seals with two hex screws from the front
Again easy and quick.
They have not retained the main hex it is a completely different design its a one piece aluminium hex with the burner bolted directly on(no insulation panels reqd and no red sump seal either)
Its been out now for over 6 months (general sale July) field trials before then and I or any of my engineers in Scotland have attended one thats broke down!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back