adding a new waste to cast iron pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope you can help, i am changing my kitchen, i need to add a new waste pipe thorgh the outside wall and join it to on old cast iron down pipe, see pictures, it 40 ft tall, can i break into this without having to replace the whole thing?

Sponsored Links
where does the waste from the kitchen sink go to at present ?
What is hiding behind the timber in pic 3?
That "soil pipe" looks like its just a vent stack !!!

hi buck55, i am moving the sink to the other end of the kitchen so i can join it to the current waste, the pipe goes all the way up with a vent on top, there has been a pipe fro it going into/out off the kitchen long before i lived there, the wooden thing outside is a book case waiting to go to the dump. cheers

where did the waste from the kitchen sink go to in the past???
Is there a gully behind the book case???

Sponsored Links
hi, i have added more pictures, the exising waste pipe is the other side of the door about 10 ft away.

I'm not a plumber but what am I looking at here, it looks upside down.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

the exitsing branch has not been used for many years, it goes through the wall, but dont know what it was used for.
There is a drain running along wall under the surface, i think this is the vent pipe for this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back