Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small bathroom constructed within my victorian terraced property. It has no window as it is a partitioned area from an original bedroom area and linen store. I wish to put a small windown in and have been quoted in excess of £1500 pounds.
Can I do this work myself, if it is not a suitable DIY job, where can I get a fair price for what appears to be uncomplicated and straight forward job(builders comments..not mine!)

Sponsored Links
hi,ive just read your message and i am wanting to fit a window into what is now a brick wall,did you recieve any tips on how to do it and if so can you share them with me ?

i look forward to your reply.

mel

I am not a builder Installing a window is easy to those who know you have to remove the brick work and install a beam (or similar) to take the weight above the new window
the window then fixes into the sides of where it sits.

However you have to use "acros" to supprt the ceiling while doing it, i suggest you look elsewhere for a cheaper quote. With so many "if"'s i would leave that one to an expert. Even these forums rate it as a hard job and that is just replacing one

see
//www.diynot.com/pages/wd/wd003.php

incidentally the post you refer to was posted in June 2002, so as no one replied i should say it is not a job for the faint hearted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back