Painting in a (fairly) new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've been in our house now for a couple of years. All the walls are magnolia (I think) and the paint work is awful. It's such a thin coat and in places it looks like you can see through it. Rubbing it with a damp cloth takes the paint off.

We now want to paint a room (well, one for now). Should I do anything special to prepare or can I treat the paint that's there as an undercoat and go ahead and apply 2 coats of matt emulsion?

Need any more info?

Cheers,

Lee

Edit: The house is over 5 yrs old

Sponsored Links
Its probably contract emusion on there at the moment..
Just re-coat with trade vinyl matt , not wishy-washy DIY store stuff though ;)

The paint thats on will be a contract matt, these have no vinyl in them and as such are not waterproof and cant be wiped with a damp cloth. Give the walls a good rub down and apply two coats of decent vinyl matt, soft sheen or silk finish.

The paint thats on will be a contract matt, these have no vinyl in them and as such are not waterproof and cant be wiped with a damp cloth. Give the walls a good rub down and apply two coats of decent vinyl matt, soft sheen or silk finish.

A rub down? What with, a cloth?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back