grand cherokee 3.1td

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am having trouble to start my jeep.have changed the glow plugs but still struggles to start from cold.Once started it is fine.Any help would be great thanks pete

Sponsored Links
you need to run a multi meter to the glow plugs and a) make sure it's getting a feed, and b) how long it stays on for.
It's highly likely to be the control relay thats shafted if you have changed the plugs, but could also be the coolant temp sender

At the same time, remove the heavy lead that goes to the glowplugs, and check each plugs resistance - it should be very low, 2 ohms, maybe less.
Cheers John :)

Sponsored Links
Tested the amount of time there is power to the plugs and that is 25 sec.Have tested the ohms all very low readings ,any other ideas thanks peter

If it starts up with copious amounts of smoke, I'd be inclined to get a compression test done....however I've just finished working on an 03 plate Izuzu Trooper - and that must have some device that insists that the engine cranks for a couple of sec before it starts - to get oil pressure up, presumably. John :)

Back