Triton Opal 9.5kw Shower - no hot water after fixing a leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just managed to stop my Triton Opal 9.5kw shower leaking by replacing the 'Stabiliser Valve Assembly' and 'PRD and 'O' Ring' (in hindsight changing the rubber washer may have fixed the problem), but now it's stopped producing any hot water.
As soon as I pressed the showers top 'hot' button, 2 sparks come from the left hand side of the 'Power PCB' (i.e. next to the 2 cyclinder sections on the board) and then the 'Low Pressure' light comes on and only cold water comes out of the shower. I can only assume the initial leak caused the problem.

Also the STOP button stopped working a few months ago, although I can still turn it off by using the mains power cord - any ideas why this isn't working?
Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.......[/list][/list]

Sponsored Links
Hi Karl,
Thanks for the VERY PROMPT advise. I've already found a replacement PCB (option2) for £44.63 which isn't cheap and I've already spent £34.70, so I'm concerned I could be throwing my money away and it may be best to cut my losses and buy a new one.
Do you have any other advice before I pull out my mastercard?
Cheers

stop button fault can also be related to the pcb error or poss the control pcb on the front cover.

Sponsored Links
Hi Karl, thanks for the advice. I've placed an order for the PCB - fingers crossed it works.

Hi, I just managed to stop my Triton Opal 9.5kw shower leaking by replacing the 'Stabiliser Valve Assembly' and 'PRD and 'O' Ring' (in hindsight changing the rubber washer may have fixed the problem)
When you say "leaking", was the water coming from the PRD or from the handset?

If the latter, you should have replaced only the solenoid.

In any circumstances it's very unusual to have to replace the stabiliser valve.

but now it's stopped producing any hot water.
Did you disturb any electrical connections?

As soon as I pressed the showers top 'hot' button, 2 sparks come from the left hand side of the 'Power PCB' (i.e. next to the 2 cyclinder sections on the board)
Sparks are normal - it's just the relays switching a large current.

and then the 'Low Pressure' light comes on and only cold water comes out of the shower.
Did you disturb the low pressure switch actuator?

I can only assume the initial leak caused the problem.
You should abandon all assumptions and approach the problem logically and systematically.

Also the STOP button stopped working a few months ago, although I can still turn it off by using the mains power cord - any ideas why this isn't working?
The button is faulty, or the control PCB is faulty.

Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Don't buy a power PCB. Diagnose the fault properly first.

Guys,
I'm pleased to confirm that the new PCB has fixed the problem and everything is now working correctly.
Thank you very much for the sound advice.
Much appreciated.
Nigel

Guys,
I'm pleased to confirm that the new PCB has fixed the problem and everything is now working correctly.

i'm so glad it's sorted.

what was it GOLDBERG said ?
Don't buy a power PCB. Diagnose the fault properly first.

you'd still be sitting their twiddling your thumbs.
ROFL.gif

Thank you very much for the sound advice.
Much appreciated
Nigel
ok-wink.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back