Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with all my radiators, the outside edges of the radiators are hot but the center of them remains cold. This is constant to what the boiler is on or the thermostat. I have tried to bleed the radiators but there is no air trapped or if there is (in the center) its not coming out. If anyone has any idea i would appreciate the help.

Sponsored Links
Close a few and see if the rest get better. If not you have a sludge problem, and need a power flush. There may be a system problem causing the accumulation.

Sponsored Links
Did you get this fixed as i have very similar issues with mine. Downstairs are 90% cold only the very top and sides ae hot. I have a single pipe system and back boiler. Closing upstairs rads which have the top 60% hot , does not help the downstairs ones heat up.

BenBridges said:
I have a problem with all my radiators, the outside edges of the radiators are hot but the center of them remains cold. This is constant to what the boiler is on or the thermostat. I have tried to bleed the radiators but there is no air trapped or if there is (in the center) its not coming out. If anyone has any idea i would appreciate the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back