Conundrum: Ravenheat or Biasi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm poised to purchase a new boiler for my 2-bed flat. Money is tight, so I'm buying at the low end of what's available.

Choices are narrowed down to:

Biasi Riva Compact HE M96.24S Condensing Combi, inc flue = £490 delivered

Ravenheat CSI 85BT, for about the same price once I buy the flue.

My brother in law will be installing it, and recommends the Ravenheat as "It's British, therefore reliable, and parts should be easier and cheaper to get hold of". I'm not sure how well-informed his view is!

The system will be flushed prior to installation, although my brother-in-law recommends not using an astringent chemical as the radiators look to be quite old...

I have bought a new Magnaclean which will be installed with the boiler.

Having read quite a bit on this forum already, it sounds as though most of the problems with these boilers were caused by poor installation; would either of these boilers be suitably reliable?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Alex.

Sponsored Links
Ravenheat might be British but they are Chuff.

For that price, see if Plumbcentre still have the Baxi 105HE on offer for £495.....

I understand money is tight but these arent the most reliable of boilers.

I got the same ravensh*te and the only benefit is the warranty.
The bloke was round fitting a flu restriction ring instantly as the air pressure switch didnt work properly.

The raven heat fitter said they were made in italy. From my experience with them parts arent cheap at all.....

Sponsored Links
dont do it just dont !!!!! if cheap an cheerfull your after go for a baxi main there same as the baxi's but cheaper coz they arn't baged up as baxi yet they are made in same factory an have same parts just dont waste your money on crap

For a real budget boiler you can't go far wrong than the Sabre (Vokera) 25HE...........£430 inc VAT, flue and timer! Ive seen a few of these and their Vokera counterparts and they are not a bad piece of kit for the money.

Other than the odd venturi clean out they don't give mych trouble.

A landlady that I work for has a Baxi 105 in every house that she owns, 10 of them. and aside fron routine servicing they have given very little trouble.. So if you can get a 105HE at a decent price, I'm sure that you will be very happy with it..

Biasi or Ravenheat?.. No... Hell no!

Thanks for all the advice.

I've just got back from Plumbcenter with a Baxi 105HE with flu kit, £575 all up.

:D

Thankyou for keeping one less ravenheat and biasi off the streets.

Problem with Cheap boilers is that the frequently need spare parts are often outragiously expensive, which rather makes a joke of a "Cheap Boiler" pott/Baxi spares are generally as cheap as you can get :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back