can I use a honeywell DT90E in place of a rs1 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to the local plumbcentre to get a replacement room thermostat for the standard british gas fitted stat, and they supplied me with a honeywell DT90E but I am not sure if this is able to be swapped over. The present stat has three wires, one white which I believe is the neutral, then a alive and a black wire with a brown sleeve which I believe is the call for heat. on the honeywell unit it has A B and C connections and very poor instructions for fitting unless you are in the know.
So my question is can this stat be fitted to the present system and if so which wire goes where.
It is a standard worster boiler not combi with the british gas standard time clock.
thanks

Sponsored Links
A is com.

B is call.

no neutral required so make it safe.

It would be nice to have more information about the boiler and what system controls you have.

I'm also trying to work out a similar switch, but in my case with a Salus RT300RF that was supplied by my local plumbers trade counter to replace an RS1.

My RS1 has 230v connections to live and return, an earth, and a connection to a "call" terminal.

The options offered are:

thermo1.jpg

thermo2.jpg

Any guidance gratefully received.

Start another thread peaksoft, it's rude to hijack another.

And post some details at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Start another thread peaksoft, it's rude to hijack another.

And post some details at the same time.

I do apologise if I offended. I thought it was a natural continuation of a conversation, but I can see now that it would muddy the waters. I've posted a fresh topic.

Guys

I am replacing an old Honeywell thermostat with a new one

I Have a T6360B type, with 3 wires
Blue to 2
earth with red tape to 3
Brown to 1

The new one is a Honeywell DT90E that has 3 spaces(A, B, and C)

Which wires from the old go to the new??? HELP PLEASE

NAV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back