Vaillant Eco Tec Plus Pressure Dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Vaillant Eco tec Plus boiler installed and the pressure drops from 1.5 bar to nothing in about10/15 mins.
The engineer who fitted it says that i must have a leak in the system.

OK so the system is set up as such:- Firstly it is a microbore system.
On the 1st floor their is no leak as it would show by wet patch(s) on the cieling.
The ground floor has the microbore in the floor screed. their is no sign of any damp in the floor screed.
The conservatory has 2 rads and they are fed off of the rad in the living room. I know that this is not the ideal way of doing this but it was the only way at the time.
Anyway i contacted my insurance company as i have a "Trace & Access" clause for water leaks.
A nice guy from a company called Munters turned up and with him he had a Thermal Imaging Camera to check for leaks. So i fired up the heating (i had to keep topping it up every 5 mins or so) The camera showed that all the flow and returns in the main ground floor were sound with no leaks.
But in the conservatory their showed a gap in the imaging of the pipes by the camera and the man said that it looked as though that is where the problem lies on the T piece.

Ok so the next thing that i did was to get the conservatory cut off of the system by blanking the flow and return off. So now i know that the consevatory is no longer connected to the system.
Topped the boiler up to 1.5 bar, went round and bled all the rads, topped up the boiler a couple of times and bled the rads again until no air in the system. Now im thinking to myself that the problem is solved but NO, the pressure is still dropping.
My brain has gone into overdrive with this.

The reason that the engineer said i must have a leak on the system is that if we isolate the flow and return valves under the boiler the pressure stays up at 1.5 bar constant whilst only the hot water side is on.

If it helps at all the code F22 flashes when the pressure drops right off.

Any help on this would be great.
Thanks in advance
Cheers Pete

Sponsored Links
If pressure drops you've got a leak, obviously isolating the boiler proved it isn't there, looks like there is a leak on the conservatory and also one somewhere else.
now you know where the pipes run can you not cut off one section and check again.

Irrespective of the thermal imaging of the ground floor, the pipework in the screed would be my greatest suspicion - leaking water can travel through cracks and crevices in concrete and disappear without any sign of dampness, in my experience...

Thanks guys for your replies.

I have today Monday 26/10/09 contacted Vaillant who will come out to check the boiler out on Wednesday 28/10/09 just to eliminate the boiler from the equation or maybe repair the boiler if their should be a problem with it.
I will post on here the results after Wednesdays visit.
It does seem as though their is a further leak within the main house but i hope that is not the case.
Cheers and Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
Vaillant engineer came out and confirmed that the boiler was not the problem as i thought.
Munters with their thermal imageing camera are coming back out tomorow (at there expense) to re check the pipe runs.
More to come on this one yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back