Attaching radiator to wall without using screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've just had to get our radiator wall tanked as there was a damp problem. We've taken the rad off no bother but the damp guy said we won't be ably to use screws to re-attach it as it'll invalidate the damp work. He recommended using No More Nails to attach the support brackets... is it strong enough... Are there other solutions...? I'm unconvinced this is the right approach so hoping someone has experienced this before and can advise.

Thanks,
Katey

Sponsored Links
Depends on the weight/size of the radiator but how about glueing some timber legs to the wall at the rad bracket positions so the weight is taken by the legs onto the floor?

If you cant screw, I dont think there is much choice.
But if I were using no more no nails, I think I would glue 3 or 4 battens about 6mm thick then fix cross battens to that to hang the rad, that way if one batten fails you will still have others olding it.
Also
When I hung a big rad on a bay window, I fixed a bracket on the skirting board to support the rad from the bottom.

Belt & braces.

Thanks for the advise. It's only a small radiator, 300 high but 1000 long and a double. Think I'd like more piece of mind than 2 "no more nail"ed brackets!

Sponsored Links
Have you only had the radiator wall tanked? what about moving the rad to another wall?

No, I would not recommend fixing radiator brackets to a wall with no nails, I understand the damp proof guy saying not to drill the wall, I think your only option is buy a new floor mounted radiator.
or move the radialtor location

no it was his brother
image-cowboy-patting-his-horse-0000.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back