Brilliant Innovation Gas Fire and batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where to put this, but no doubt mods will move if necessary.

Our fire was bought early in 2005 and has had light use. Recently the remote seems to transmit its signal and the flame appears for a very short time. It then goes out with a bleep.

Do you think it may be the battery that sits beneath the fire that could be the cause or something else? If it is that battery does anyone know the cost and where obtainable at a good price?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There cannot be many remote control fires.

One of them that I have seen twice, has I seem to remember, some AA batteries in the receiver and a PP3 in the transmitter.

It could well be the receiver batteries.

However, as always, I would advise having the fire serviced anually.

Tony

Most have a really expensive lithium battery in the fire to drive the motor, supposed to last for about 2000 ignitions.

If flame goes out its because pilot is not heating probe correctly and fire requires a service

Sponsored Links
Most have a really expensive lithium battery in the fire to drive the motor, supposed to last for about 2000 ignitions.

I'm glad you said 'supposed', as I doubt it's had a quarter of 2000.
Your worrying me with 'really expensive'. How really? :?: :cry:

the batteries are about 60 - 80 quid retail if its the one I'm thinking of, but as namsag said that doesn't sound like the fault, it's usually the oxypilot assembly.

hi. when my remote fire needs new batteries,we here a lot of clicks like we do when it normally starts up. it goes through the start up procedure but then just conks out. we use our fire regular and the aa batteries need changing once a year. the batteries in the remote control rarely need changing, but the batteries under the fire are the ones that need replacingwith my fire

Thats the kind of fire to have, nice simple "AA" batteries like the two that I have serviced/repaired.

Tony

Thanks for the helpful comments :). In general it makes me, at least, think that before purchasing any appliance, it would be a good idea to ask about things like parts' costs.

Its also a good idea to have it serviced regularly.

Yours seems to be nearly five years old and it appears to have never been serviced and to now be showing a fault as a result.

We charge £55 to service on its own, just £25 if with a boiler at the same time but £84 to repair! So for less than the cost of a repair we would do three services at the same time as your boiler. Perhaps you dont have your boiler serviced either?

Tony

@Agile. Actuallly our boiler got plenty of attention, both servicing and call outs. We shot it after 6+ years. As I said the fire had very light use. Yes perhaps we were remiss though, and stand corrected ;)

You registered now AgilE to be quoting prices or are you an agent for someone who has took time and effort to qualify and work legally.

I have a brilliant fire, and mine beeps when the battery is running low. I did have an issue a few years ago where the fire wouldn't light, it ended up that the "pilot assembly was incorrectly positioned and had sooted up". Fitter only charged £40 to correct it, but then i made a bit of a fuss as he installed it so that should have been in the correct place in the first installation. He did refund me. Best people I've found for honest advise is <a href="http://www.firesfireplacesstoves.co.uk">www.fires fireplaces stoves.co.uk</a> :eek:

your a year late with your advert
rofl5.gif

So... gets a call to one of these things not working, oxypilot blocked no suprise 4 dogs in the house, serviced it now working ok

2 days later fire not working, its a "Vision model, remote control" made by Brilliant, LFL Group, Blackburn.

Yep its not working, spoke to the Tech. guys, have you checked the on-board battery?

No.... which one is this then? .....the big thing covered in foil tape at the bottom of the fire

What does that do?...........it works the fire from the remote and its gone duff, does the fire make a beep when you push the onboard buttons?

No.............. you need a new one then ( £50.60 inc vat) you just swop it

it came with the following note This battery was tested at the point of dispatch. The battey has a built in fuseable link any fault in the wiring or controls could blow the fuse and result in a non-functioning battery. No claims can be accepted for as replacemrnt battery if the fuse has blown........... Relaced it now working fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back