minfit guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im due to put some minifit guttering on my shed. its 6m wide so gonna need around 8 x 2m lengths to go around it.

what kind of drop should i be looking @. im struggling to understand the 1:500 drop etc.

can someone advise what the drop would be on a 6m run.

Sponsored Links
You wont want much fall on that, lay a spirit level across the brackets, half bubble off level will be ample, or 12mm along the 6m length if you really want the 1:500 fall!

thats wht i thought there wont be much. the 1:500 fall was an example.

how did you come to that calc?

If my thinking (at this hour!) is correct, at 1:500 you would have a 1mm drop over 500mm. So 6m = 6000mm (6000/500=12)

Sponsored Links
TBH i cant remember the correct figure but 3mm/M comes to mind. As long as there is a constant fall to the outlet there shouldnt be a problem. Any dips will allow water and detritus to collect which can in time, lead to overflowing during heavy rain, and premature failure of the gutter and/or fascia.

Edit: Osma design guide recommends 1:600 fall, so 10mm overall in 6M.

No worries. Got my own to do yet! Victorian house, so its sitting on a row of bricks, fall on that is going to be anyones guess......

Sheds have a tendency of not being level in the first place so just check it first!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back