indesit w123 spin problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Indesit w123 and when we use it, it works fine, until it gets to the spin cycle. Then it cuts off the electric to the whole house. I tried removing all the clothes from it and switched everything back on and it works. (without any load in it) as soon as you put clothes back in, it cuts out. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
sounds like it needs a new motor. is it tripping the house rcd?

Now wer'e totally confused.

The wash that it was on, was boil wash (got kids you see) and yes Breezer, it was tripping rcd's in consumer box.

Today its on a different wash, and everything works fine...... so far.

Its just completed a cycle and finished.

Any ideas? is it overheating somehow?

Cheers

try it again.

footnote:

boil wash (95) is of no use, since most biologial dtergents do not work as tey should above 60. the boil wash can about because of the old days when things were boiled, and rubbed with hose hold soap / scrubbing board

Sponsored Links
Its done a few washes today, I think it only tripped the electric a couple of times, then carried on with the program and completed it.

Is there a chance that it could be an earth leak at the consumer box?

Other people have suggested its something to do with motor wearing out and arcing somehow, causing the rcd to trip.

At a loss now as i hanv't a clue where to start fixing it.

We've got an electrician comming out in morning to check consumer box. Hopefully i'll know more then.

Cheers

if the appliances motor brushes are worn, they will arc, causing your RCD to trip

Well....... I've had 2 electricians condem the washer as its arcing all over the place.

So we ordered another washer.

I thought, i'd have 1 last blast at fixing it.

How i missed this, i aint a clue, but what looks like a thermostat has popped out of its normal location (a little recess in the back of the drum) and its landed on 1 of the brackets that hold various components. This in turn would cause the spade connectors to arc to the bracket.

I popped it back in, put a little gas tape at the back of it to hold it in place.

It works absolutely fine now.

Thanks for the replys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back