Bosch WFK2801 Washing Machine Error Code 06 no action

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch WFK2801 front loading washing machine.

The unit is currently refusing to do anything (pump, spin,fill) just flashing up error code 06, along with the first 2 LEDs after around 30s of power up.

I *think* error 06 is a door lock problem.

When I apply power I can hear a click and the relay is engaging -- the door cannot be opened, so perhaps this is some kind of sensor problem.

But before I dismantle can anyone confirm or suggest any alternatives.

I've already done the usual cleanout of the waste trap, narrow pipe up from there, and the hex-shaped pipe from the pressure vessel to the pressure switch.

I've not yet cleaned out the pressure vessel.

Sponsored Links
check motor brushes see if they are worn then clear pres chamber then report back .

I already had the machine uncovered.

- The pressure vessel (just like the waste trap) was relatively clean - for the last few years I've been doing a monthly 90 deg. soda crystal wash which appears to be keeping limescale under control (completely different to 4 years ago before I started doing this)
- The pipe from the pressure vessel to pressure switch is fine - I washed out & checked I can blow through it
- I've not double checked the motor brushes at this point (confined space), although they were replaced around 2.5 years ago
- with the rubber tube detached from the pressure switch the behaviour is no different (thought this worth a try?)
- I have already checked that outlet pump spindle is clear and rotates freely

The behaviour is
- Press on/off power switch. click from circuit board. start led flashes. Door is not locked
- As program dial rotated the usual time-remaining indicator is given
- press start - click from circuit board, then within about 1s a loud click from the door. Door is then locked
- nothing happens for about 30s
- Then beeps with "06" on 2 segment LED display, and with main/rinse leds flashing. Door is still locked

* I've tried EVERY program position - a wash, a drain, a spin, pump out & it's the same behaviour.
* There is no visible/audible activity from pump, drum or inlet valves at any time

I've had a number of faults with this machine over the years, and have replaced brushes, dismantled the pump, cleared the pressure vessel, drain pipes -- but I don't think I've had a problem where the machine does nothing on any program.

So I'm more convinced this must be a door interlock issue (or a controller/cabling fault)

- If it was pressure sensor related it would probably not fill or not empty, but not both
- if set to drain the drain pump would prob actuate
- if it was the brushes I'd still hear the motor relay clicking.

Off with door seal (a right royal pain - replaced it before ....)

Sponsored Links
Door latch removed.

So I know it can actuate ok. There's 3 wires, so one circuit prob drives electromagnet, other pin closes circuit when door confirmed closed.,

I have 45 kOhm across 2 pins

As I move the lock mechanism at no time is a circuit with the 3rd pin closed.

Surely I would expect closure? This is probably the failing part.

Anyone confirm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back