Bosch Maxx WFL2860 no spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My machine washes empties and attempts to balance clothes but just as it starts to spin-up it cuts back and seems to restart a spin attempt after a bit more pumping and slow movement.

We recently had no motor movement for which I replaced the brushes in the main motor and that seems to work fine in as much as everything bar spinning seems fine.

The pressure switch in the front right under the top lid seems to work, switching when I blow in and checks out on continuity with a meter - seems to make sense.

Not sure if there is more to check with the sensor but ostensibly it seem to work and I hear it click during the spin process.

Anything else I should check? I have been running it empty to remove issues with load balance but I am not sure where or what sensor determines that. Any advice is very much appreciated

Thanks

Donty

Sponsored Links
To answer my own thread: I found eventually that the new brushes were slightly off at the ends. The slope meeting the commutator was at a slightly too shallow angle.

Got the part from espares as compatible but the may have been a little too generic. Used a sharpening stone to grind them very slightly and they then made better, full contact with the commutator and the world sprang back to spinning delight.

Might be worth checking if you have similar spin problems.

Another stretch of life for an excellent washing machine! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back