Shower water runs cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermostatic mixer shower. This supplied by hot water and cold water from tanks on a traditional system. Both tanks are in the loft as is the boiler. The hot and cold are also on a 2.1bar pump, also in the loft.

The problem is the shower water is not hot - at best lukewarm.

I have tried the following:
- turned the shower thermostat to its highest.
- changed cartridge from manufacturer twice and whole shower once. the old cartidges did not appear to have defects.
- had the hot water on for several hours before use.
- ran shower for considerable amount of time.

The water from the same source runs hot on the bath and basin taps.

The shower was hot at when first installed.

Help!?!!

Sponsored Links
do you have air vents fitted to the pump pipework at the highest point ?

john - yes pressure is the same when on fully hot and full cold. There is a very slight temperature differential.

Picasso - to be honest i don't know about the air vents. However it looks like the pump has been put into the system about 4metres away from the tanks, just before the pipes go down to the house.

Sponsored Links
is the pipe to the rear of the shower hot/warm when shower running ?

what mixer is it ?

the pipes have been boxed in behind the shower, although the one that feeds it can be felt hot when leaving the loft going down.

The shower is morretti from screwfix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back