Slimline plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody out there no where I can buy a slimline 230v 13amp plug.
I remember using one of these years ago, the rear of the plug slid on and off saving about 5 mils in depth.

Without one of these, I will have to replace the current socket for a slimline model or cut a hole in the side of a cabinet.

Don't really want to do that.

Sponsored Links
I vaguely remember the plugs you are on about but if it is any help I have a legrand plug that is only 19mm thick ex pins that I can send you if it is any use.

Edit. Just found one of those slide off top plugs and they are 25mm thick(same as an MK toughplug!) and were made by a company called TL. If i have the same as you are thinking of insde the plug is a large red cover over the pins and the connections are screwless and feature over centre levers

Thanks for the offer, but I think I will fit a slimline socket instead. I read the manufacturers instructions and I will void my warranty if I cut the plug.

At my parents house I was getting annoyed that the extention lead plugged in at the head of my bed was pushing the bed away from the wall, my soloution was to replace both plug and socket with a unswitched FCU.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back