HONEYWELL 3 PORT VALVE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have installed new boiler and programmer. Now we only have hot water if the setting is on hot water. When the setting is on heating/hotwater the heating is the only thing getting hot.

Sponsored Links
well it shouldn't have.

what have you wired it to to give perm live ?

perm live to the grey will constantly hold in the valve in ch postion.

Sponsored Links
should be 3 wires in term 7.
grey from valve.
wire from cylinder stat satisfied.
wire from programmer hw off.

if you put programmer hw on and turn cyl stat up grey should go dead.

Its wired to a Honeywell ST699 terminal 7 and to the cylinder stat.

As your name suggests, do you have a Rayburn? If so, consult the M.I's rather than the Honeywell diagram. Rayburns confuse many a heating engineer and sparks, as they do not follow conventional Y plan wiring.

just one thing. We fitted a Grant vortex boiler and on the boiler terminal block the live goes to no 10 which is linked to no 9 and no 8 on the wiring centre. No 9 goes to the live on the pump and no8 is orange on the 3 port valve and no 1 on the cycl stat.
(No 7 on wiring centre goes to grey on the 3 port vavle,and No2 on the cycl stat. and No7 on the programmer)

Which number is hw off in control unit (book is awful) Really greatful for the help

no 7 is right.

you need to check what one is giving a perm live.

2 from stat or 7 from programmer.

take the programmer hw off out of the term
turn programmer hw on stat call, hw off wire you took out should be dead.

I am working from 2 wiring diagrams (honeywell y plan and Grant vortex). And you said that no 7 on the wiring centre should not be live. The only difference between the two wiring plans that i can see between the two is a live from the boiler terminal block to No 8 via a link wire from 10 to 9 to 8.

thats ok just stops having so many wires in one terminal.

do as i said above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back