Water leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 15 year old top loading Kenmore washer is dripping water into the tub. It does not happen all the time but it was dripping last night and still going this morning and there was 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the tub. I can feel a small hose and a plastic plate where the water enters the machine when it is running but I can not figure out where the dripping is coming from. I notice this dripping when the machine is not running.

Sponsored Links
Presumably there is an inlet valve that controls the water coming into the machine. At the ripe old age of 15 it sounds as though it's beginning to wear out.

Thanks IanDB. That's what we were thinking too. All we have to do now is figure out how to take the valve off and get a new one. There is a really good appliance parts store in town that is very helpful, I guess I'll stop in there with the serial and model number and see if they can help.

Oh, and I totally agree, so much beer, too little time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back