Does a new central heating system install need a powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a complete new system installed, all copper piping, new Worchester Bosch boiler (greenstar 37 Cdi) , 9 compact rads.

Question = Do I need to have a power flush done during installation to clear out any copper flux etc before new system is turned on.

I have had 5 years of hell with a badly install plastic microbore piped system which was constantly blocked with only 4 radiator ever working even after a powerflush and desludging twice and installation of magnofilter. A boiler which then constantly broke down every 3 months. Therefore I have decided to start again with copper only and a new boiler and radiators. I want to get if right this time. Hence question above please help.

Sponsored Links
you dont need a power flush but ensure your installer uses cleaner and inhibitor in your system. it should then should be fine. power flush is to remove build up of crap thet occurs over the years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back