Leaky Mistral TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Mistral TRV on my bedroom rad for about 18 months or so.

Noticed that there was a small wet patch on the carpet by the rad and checked the valve to make sure it wasn't the cat.

The actual leak appears to be coming from inside valve unit rather than any of the connections to the rad or pipework (see pic). It's a very small leak but needs fixing. Does the top of the TRV pull off for inspection? I tried to shift it but it didn't seem to want to budge.

The Mistral TRV's seem pretty cheap but haven't seen many complaints. The TRV on my rad is sitting at a slight angle - about 11 o 'clock

133000_132221_17617_33128334_thumb.jpg

IS it likely to be a replacement job or do I just need to tighten something up?

Sponsored Links
Undo the lower knurled nut below your arrow and I think the top should come off.....you'll probably see the leak there around the pin, and replacement of the TRV is the only proper cure.
I like the Drayton 4, but you'll need to change the tail that goes into the rad too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back