Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior - Fitting Digital RF Thermo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior which is currently linked to a wired room thermostat and external programmer (Lifestyle Model LP711).

I have just purchased the DT20RF Programmer as a replacement for the above mentioned set up, and while it seems relatively simple to fit the new unit, I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to "deactivate" the old set up.

It looks as though the old programmer is taking a power feed and a feed from the wired room thermostat, before then feeding the boiler itself.

Is it simply a case of feeding the power directly now given that the new DT20RF will be in place on the front of the boiler?

Hope I've explained the situation sufficiently well that someone is able to help.

Thanks,

Mr_Matty

Sponsored Links
from what i can gather your saying mate, you would be right remove any supply to the old controls an fit a 3amp fused spare to the boiler the new RF system you have will be suplied by the boiler its self, follow the instructions that came with it they are plug and play

Hello All,

Just got round to fitting this today and all seemed to be going smoothly, but my central heating just won't come on

I clipped in the new receiver unit to the front panel of the bolier, removed all the old wires that were there for the seperate wired receiver and thermostat, and wired the bolier up back up to the mains. The only thing that I wasn't 100% clear on were the grey and black wires, but I suspected they were no longer required as the new receiver was linked up direct to the boiler on the front panel.

I turned everything back on again and all things seemed to be working. I then synced up the wirless room thermostat with the receiver, closely following the instructions in the manual.

Everything seemed to be right, but even though my room temperature is below the level I want it to be at, the bolier isn't firing up to warm my rads. There is a flame showing on the thermostat indicating that it's sending a signal to the bolier to turn on the CH, but nothing's happening (I have pushed CH advanced on the boiler so this isn't the issue...).

My hot water is working fine.

Any ideas? It's starting to get a bit parky in here...

Thanks,

Mr_Matty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back