slight leak on house roof

Sponsored Links
If you can't see where it's leaking from.....how will you know where to apply this stuff? Have you had a proper look up there? Getting up close and personal to the roof will show up defects that aren't noticable from the ground.

is it at the bottom of the roof,if so it could be the bottom of the felt is defective from age/weather.may need to renew the eaves felt/dpc.just a guess from the info given

i've had a proper look thinking of applying the stuff around the area where the leak is coming from

attached is a pic from the area the leak coming through to the corner bedoom

Sponsored Links
is it at the bottom of the roof,if so it could be the bottom of the felt is defective from age/weather.may need to renew the eaves felt/dpc.just a guess from the info given
This is a common problem. Check the gutter and RWP inlet as well.

i personally wouldnt do anything in way of a make shift job as it could just move the problem along the roof and youve wasted your initial cost.get a ladder up there and slide a tile up off the bottom row and look at the felt.

the joint between our property and the neighbour's property is mortar cement
Looks like a 70`s re-roof job , there was Loads of £ made then by slapping on tiles in place of knackered slates- then someone in the row wouldn`t waste their money @ the time and when it was done later you have a " not so good " join like you`ve got :cry: . As you suspected, the felt has been holding the ingress of water back for maybe 30 years ..it never was good , just takes years to show. A secret gutter between the 2 houses would be the best fix. Maybe the neighbour would contribute .

to have the secret gutter fitted what would the cost be? i take it the other option which i guess would be the cheap option, would be to remove the tiles re-felt the area?

to have the secret gutter fitted what would the cost be? i take it the other option which i guess would be the cheap option, would be to remove the tiles re-felt the area?

if that is the problem then its quite a simple fix and too expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back