Trianco 100-125 Eurostar condensing boiler- lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a brand new system including tank etc in May 07 and I've had early morning lockouts during each winter. Various breakdowns as well led to Trianco engineer being sent out in Feb 09. Said the boiler was 'too big' for the house so he turned it down :?: Also claimed that fuel specifications meant that emissions had changed and so the flame wasn't visible - he removed 2 baffles, changed the nozzle & size (again! they seem to wear out quickly), and removed a round disc (don't know what it is). Its has worked ok during summer (heats our water) apart from the odours increasing through august, until beginning of November when the lockouts started again. A service engineer set CO2 to 11.5 and it ran for 2 weeks but the lockouts are back. :evil:

When it locks out it starts on first or second pressing of the orange lit-button and runs until the next time.

Trianco have diowned the problem because it is out of warranty and the extended warranty will only pay out if it breaksdown and they don't consider a lockout to be that.
Anyone else heard of the modifications made to our boiler? Does anyone else get early morning lockouts? OR ...... can anyone HELP?

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler have an Ecoflam MAX Burner? if so get an Engineer to set the CO2 to about 12-0%, Max burners are very fussy about being over aired I have found 12.0-12-5% to be the optimum CO" setting, make sure you still achieve a Zero Smoke reading though!! ;)

Anyone else heard of the modifications made to our boiler? Does anyone else get early morning lockouts? OR ...... can anyone HELP?

Did other work for a customer who's Trianco Contractor condensing model was modified by an engineer to cure similar problem. In this case I believe he had to trim baffles. Worrying really.

Does the boiler have an Ecoflam MAX Burner? if so get an Engineer to set the CO2 to about 12-0%, Max burners are very fussy about being over aired I have found 12.0-12-5% to be the optimum CO" setting, make sure you still achieve a Zero Smoke reading though!! ;)
Yes it has 'Max' on the cover. Where can i buy a gas analyser? Its a £150 a throw for an engineer! There aren't many engineers to chose from round here and none are familiar with Trianco.

Sponsored Links
£150 a go -- Your'e being taken for a mug we chage £72 +Vat for an hour on site. An Analyser will set you back about £500 so even £150 is a better bet, provided the person using it knows how to use the thing and understands the results

try www.oftec.org they will be able to give you a list of oftec registered oil engineers near you ;)

£150 a go -- Your'e being taken for a mug we chage £72 +Vat for an hour on site. An Analyser will set you back about £500 so even £150 is a better bet, provided the person using it knows how to use the thing and understands the results

try www.oftec.org they will be able to give you a list of oftec registered oil engineers near you ;)
thanks B2 he was of oftec, Any way boiler is running ok at the minute, on Saturday I bought some insulation 8x4 x50mm silver coated and built a box around it with a vent at the bottom! And its still running fingers crossed, regards Ian.

Did other work for a customer who's Trianco Contractor condensing model was modified by an engineer to cure similar problem. In this case I believe he had to trim baffles. Worrying really.

There are two possible solutions to the problem of the fowling of the flame detector leading to a lockout. Trimming the baffles to allow a more unrestricted flow of the hot air (and smoke) up the stack and away from the detector or place a delay relay (look at Tempatron) so that when the burner is switched off the fan runs for another 30 seconds or so and clears the smoke out and away from the detector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back