Anyone recommennd a good draught excluder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hell of a draught under my living room door coming from my hall and stairs. The problem is that when the dooris closed the gap is 12mm, but when I open my door into the living room it is only about 5mm above the carpet. The floor seems to drop toward the door.

I've tried a couple of excluders to no avail. From a self-adhesive flexible type to a brush type from B&Q. They both keep the draught out when closed, but I have to almost pull the door across the carpet with both hands and I can hear it wearing the carpet away.

Anyone know a solution?

Sponsored Links
fit rising butt hinges

they cause the door to lift as it opens

they were originally designed for rooms with no fitted carpet, but a thick rug inside the room

they have the added advantage that you can easily lift the door off its hinges e.g. when redecorating or carrying through large furniture, and they cause the door to slowly swing closed under its own weight.

they are only a few pounds a pair

measure your old hinges to see if they are three inch (75mm) or four inch (100mm) and, when you are inside the room and pull the door open towards you, is the handle on your right hand or left hand.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Rising-Bu...arden_Door_Accessories_LE?hash=item3ca02eb8e1

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Get yourself one of these:

dwel_snake.jpg

:LOL: The actually work quite well if they're sufficiently heavy.

We have one called hissing Sid. Get fed up with phusically moving it every time we open the door.

Like the idea of the rising butt hinges though.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back