no hot water from taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when i woke up today there was no water coming from any of the taps, i disconnected the first fitting from the boiler and there was still no water there. It is and old potterton combi, I am a plumber myself but am not gas safe registered although i have done alot of heating work but not repairs. i may be completely wrong but could this be something to do with the divertor valve ????? help please

Sponsored Links
Jordan,

So theres no water from your kitchen cold tap ?

If not forzen supply most likely

Rico

all cold taps are fine, its not frozen, there is just no water coming from the boiler

Sponsored Links
a like your style burnerman :) al go n c if a cn top up the pressure a bit

Its at mains pressure anyway mate - you haven't heating problems, do you?
Its just to get hot water out, there's got to be cold water going in - if you catch my drift. Just wondering if that incoming cold pipe is frozen up.
John :)

av sorted it, it was a strange one, there is a tee under the sink and from it is - to the left the w/m, to the right- an elbow then up to cold tap and from bottom - straight to the boiler piped in hep2o. To the w/m and sink tap are in copper, everything was fine except about 12 inches of ice about half way up the leg going to the boiler, i still dont get why only that bit froze. I just took it out and repiped it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back