Bosch Classixx 1200 Express: No water pumping in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

After 4 years of faithful heavy usage my Bosch 1200 is playing up.

No water seems to be pumping in during a cycle. The drum is turning & spinning fine, just no H2O.
There is a humming/vibrating at the top left of the machine where the water inlet pipe goes, so I guess something might be stuck?
I've cleaned the filter at the bottom of the machine. I'm about to take the back off the so I just thought I'd check to see if anyone had any hints or tips.

Many Thanks!
FF

Sponsored Links
Harrumph.

Well I've taken the top off & the thing which is buzzing/humming is this:
103_pump.jpg

However, am I right in thinking that water isn't pumped into the machine, but it goes in under pressure from the mains?
I've taken the inlet hose off the mini stopcock (image below). I guess it's turned off when the blue tap is as shown, but when I turn the tap parrallel to the stopcock no water comes out. Could this indicate the water supply is blocked? Maybe frozen?
103_valve.jpg

Many Thanks! Hope the images aren't too big.
FF

can you see down the bore of the valve when it's open?

to discount the valve, loosen the nut attatching it to the copper pipe.. if it doesn't dribble your pipe is frozen..

The noise is the inlet valve solenoid operating to let water in to the machine.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head with the water supply, check to see if any further taps in the system otherwise you have a blockage/frozen pipes 'not too uncommon at the mo'

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys.
I can see the valve opening & closing when I turn the blue tap & can see down it at least until the elbow in the white plastic pipe.
The nut attaching the valve to the copper pipe is very stiff so I can't loosen it. I'll pop a hairdryer on the bits of the pipe I can see & hopefully something will defrost & give.
Thanks again. This is a excellent forum! :D

turn the tap off first or put the hose back on and put the other end stright into the drain... ( learned that one the hard way... ) :)

Turned the tap off & after an hour or so with a fan heater on it water is flowing again. Phew! Thanks again guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back