very tight glazing bars/ beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just fitted a small upvc window but can't for all my efforts get the last bead in securing the glass from the inside.

The frame was supplied with them clipped into place so them do fit but i have the longest one left and am not even close to getting it in.

The window is very small which doesn't help but does anyone have any tips? Should i put it in the oven (on 40deg or so) for a fews mins or should i try and trim it slightly? If so with a hacksaw and stanley?

Sponsored Links
Can you post up a photo or 5 so i can see, im assuming its because the beads are short and not much bend in them?

yea the bead is only 240mm long, i may just trim them slightly? any other advice? camera is on the blink so no photo's sorry.

Its off a rehau tritec frame

Try soaking it in hot water to help with bending it, you could also try cutting a 'V' in the tongue to help with it bending. put both ends in first with the bead bowing up in the middle, then press dowm tpo oush the mitres up tight to each other and then knock home. If you trim it once its in you'll have a gap which looks unsightly

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help, a notch in the middle and some swearing got the bugger in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back