Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 12/18 lock out still on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have a Worcester Greenstar heatslave 12/18 oil boiler, I year old. Lock out came on and I figured we must have run out of oil. The oil has now been delivered but the boiler won't restart. I have pushed restart button 4 times ( leaving min. of 5 mins between each try) and no luck. I had a similar problem about 6 months ago and engineer said that water pressure had dropped too low-I have checked this and it is now at 2 bars.
I would appreciate any ideas/help as its quite cold and I am very frustrated!!
Many Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Just to add, I have also turned the alen(?) key bleed screw at the front face of the boiler-still nothing! :(

Did you run out of oil or not,if you did then more than likely the oil line needs purging of air at the oil pump on the burner. What area of Lincs are you in?

Hi Slapper,
Thanks for your reply.
Hi, Yes I did run out of oil (or at least I assume I did as would have been getting low). I live between Lincoln and Sleaford. How do I purge lines?

Sponsored Links
I have bled the oil ( a small amount dripped through) on the pump? ( has a flexi hose into it), but still nothing! Am I missing something obvious?

If your tank is higher than the boiler, then releasing the flexible pipe to the oil pump and letting air free fuel through the line is usually sufficient....if need be you can just crack open the port marked 'P' on the pump to fully bleed once it is running.
Make sure all tank valves are fully open!!
What did you adjust on the front face of the boiler? :confused:
John :)

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.
This is the new boiler ( did have the old one which was so easy to do!) and on the right towards the top is a small box with a flexihose attached and a small valve above the hose which opens with an allen key-a very very small amount of oil did show after I tried the restart again with the valve slightly open.
The tank is at about the same level as the boiler.

Hi - lets get this clear?
The oil pump sits to the right of the burner, therefore I presume its a Bentone burner.
Was this allen screw you touched tightly in place or did it seem as if you were adjusting something? I've just got a fear that you may have adjusted the pump pressure if you did.
Either way, if there is fuel at the flexy hose going into the pump, then the line should be bled through.

Hi John,
Just checked manual online, it is the Bentone Sterling burner.
The screw I adjusted just screws open and shut,i.e it was shut tight-I have tightened it up again as well.
Vikki :)

Ok Vikki thats cool....so, have you released the flexy fuel line that goes into the oil pump? Did oil flow?
If so, reconnecting the flexy pipe to the pump, and pressing the lock out button should get the burner whirring again, and hopefully burning!
Whats happening?

Hi John,
I've been beaten by my 'girliness'!!! :oops: I can't get the flexihose off!!! That said it doesn't actually look as though you screw it off with the nut that sits under the bleed screw :?: If it does and brute force is the measure of the day I shall have to wait until my husband returns home from work. Grrrrr.
Vikki :)

Ok, some of these flexible lines are screwed firmly into the bottom of the oil pump, and its easier to disconnect at the other end. Either way, its a tall order for the pump to bleed an empty oil line without help. In fact on some really awkward applications we use a hand pump to suck the oil through.
I hope you get it sorted soon!

Have you got a filter in line that also needs bleeding? If there are screws on top of it, then the answer is yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back