Alpha cd24s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help
Just had a new Alpha cd24s fitted with a pessurised cylinder.Have tried balancing and bleeding the system but the rads only just get warm not hot.I have three bathrooms and 18 rads,Is this boiler powerful enough.
Regards
Pete

Sponsored Links
pappleyard said:
Help
Just had a new Alpha cd24s fitted with a pessurised cylinder.Have tried balancing and bleeding the system but the rads only just get warm not hot.I have three bathrooms and 18 rads,Is this boiler powerful enough.
Regards
Pete

get the installer back it should have been set up properly

Whats the Kw ouput of the boiler ?? and yes do what kev said get em back, you paid for it all didn't you ?

I haven't paid them yet
but they say The rads upstairs need to be turned down so the downstairs one get the full flow.whch I think is rubbish so I need some ammo to get them to fix it
The boiler is 80000btu
Regards
Pete

Sponsored Links
For a "very" rough guide, 18 rads at say 5000btu a peice average is 90,000btu plus say 8000btu for tank is 98,000btu, with a large house I take it they have done it in 2 zones to comply with part L so I would think that and with a cylinder stat and TRVs it should just about cope, what calculations did they show you with the quote regarding heat losses and how many btus required for each room ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back